CAS are specialists in Legacy Migration of existing Control Systems to latest HMI and PLC Hardware. The ability to replace or upgrade legacy systems even when there is poor documentation is a core strength of our business. We understand that our customers require a perfect yet economic transition, achieved with no disruption to their production schedule. CAS delivers by using the following proven project methodologies:
- Audit Existing Systems completely to ensure a smooth Transition.
- Decades of experience means we are very likely to have experience with the legacy hardware and software. CAS can upload and understand the existing programs for common platforms like Allen-Bradley, GE and Siemens.
- Use Conversion Tools and Utilities to convert legacy Programs. Our Programmers will audit, test and complete the conversion but the Utility greatly reduces and time and cost.
- Use Emulation Software to fully test new software so that there is little down time when the switch over is implemented.
- Provide additional personnel to ensure a faultless transition is completed within the time frame required by our customer.
HMI’s and OIT’s are often the weak link in legacy control systems. CAS can provide an extremely quick and economical upgrade for obsolete Operator Interfaces. Although we recommend scheduling a planned migration as soon as hardware becomes obsolete we understand that it’s not always our customer’s budget. When the worst case scenario does occur we can install an upgrade at short notice on systems to get our customers back in production.